Cataldo Funeral Home has gone through a few name changes since its nineteenth century beginning as the J.R. Fleenor Funeral Home in Garner and Boughton Funeral Home in Britt. As our funeral home has evolved, it has carried on the tradition of offering finest possible service to all of the families we serve.
The Fleenor Funeral Home was established in Garner in 1885. It began as most funeral homes in this era did, as the local furniture store. Rex Shannon assumed ownership in 1915 moving the business to a home built by the Bredlow family on the west side of town. In 1932, the Shannon Funeral Home was sold to Carl and Meta Bohn who operated the funeral home and furniture business until 1976. Dean Cataldo then purchased the funeral home and converted the local Northwestern Bell Telephone Company building downtown to a funeral chapel while keeping the original funeral home as the main office. In 2001, Dean sold the business to his son, Brian.
The Boughton Funeral Home was established in 1932 in Britt by Kenneth and Vera (Baker) Boughton. Kenny later added a satellite chapel serving the Woden area. The Boughton’s also operated the local ambulance service until 1975. Several additions have been made to the home over the years. In 1975, Dean Cataldo purchased the funeral home and in 2001 his son, Brian.
In 2009, Brian purchased the Petersen Lund Funeral Home in Forest City from John Lund. Isaiah Schott joined the Petersen Lund Funeral Home (recently renamed Cataldo Schott Funeral Home) in 2014 where he is now the managing partner.
Our family serving your family. We live by our motto and are committed to providing the very best in accommodating facilities and professional service to the families we serve.